Shri Thanedar, Ph.D.
Serial Entrepreneur, Candidate for Governor of Michigan
Dr. Shri Thanedar, a serial entrepreneur, started Avomeen Analytical Services in 2010 in Ann Arbor, MI, which he now calls home, and has seen Avomeen rapidly grow since it’s founding and has become one of the fastest growing laboratories within the USA. In 2015, Avomeen was ranked as the 673rd fastest-growing company on the Inc. list of 5000 Fastest Growing companies and in 2016 Shri was chosen as a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year. He recently sold a controlling share in Avomeen, a company that solves manufacturing problems and develops new products for budding entrepreneurs.
Dr. Shri Thanedar immigrated to the United States in 1979 from Belgaum, India to obtain his PhD in polymer chemistry from the University of Akron. In 1990, Shri purchased a three-employee service company called Chemir. Under Shri’s ownership, the company went from $150,000 in annual sales and three employees to $63 million in annual sales and over 400 employees, a trend that has followed him throughout his successful career. During his professional career, Shri purchased or sold eight different businesses. He is skilled in turning around troubled companies.
Other career and life highlights include:
- Three Times Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” 1999, 2007, 2016.
- 6 Time Regional Fast 50(Missouri) and in 2015 and in 2016 listed in the “Inc. 5000” Fastest Growing Companies in USA.
- Shri has been featured in numerous newspaper articles and magazines
- PhD in Chemistry, Univ. Of Akron 1982, MBA Fontbonne College, St. Louis, MO in 1988.
- Wrote his memoirs in Marathi language (2005), which inspired thousands of youth in India.
- Democratic candidate for Governor of Michigan, 2018
Dr. Shri Thanedar is also a best-selling author of the book, “The Blue Suitcase: Tragedy and Triumph in an Immigrant’s Life”. Shri is in the process of writing a revised version of the book and will be the subject of a movie about his incredible personal, business and philanthropic life. A fascinating journey that is still unfolding as Shri announcing his run as a democrat for the position of Governor of Michigan.